Friday, May 28, 2010

Family, Love, Sobriety, Travel and Gratitude

We have so many things to be grateful for in my house today. We have my fiancee's third-year AA sobriety chip presentation tonight. His actual sobriety birthday is the 23rd of May, which, as it turns out, is quite magical because it was on that date that he and I "met" through Pagan Dating last year, and this year, it was only two days prior that his son, who has lived in Thailand for the last thirteen years, came to live with us to complete his schooling. My praise to Dionysos who both entices to the vine and offers relief from it. My praise to Aphrodite for inspiring us to love. My praise to Hera who has brought our family together. My praise to Hermes and Zeus who saw the boy safely through the skies and to our home.

And finally we give thanks that my mother called yesterday to tell us that the lump in her breast was just an anomaly and not cancer after all--praise and thanks to Apollon of the healing touch and Artemis, protectress of women!

Hail all our beloved Theoi--whose blessings are innumerable and whose love is unbounded. May our eyes and hearts be ever open to you as our homes and shrines welcome you in. Hail!

Blessed by the Mystery,
-M. Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment